Tuesday, October 30, 2012

tomorrow.

thinking about the future gets me really excited.


knowing that every moment, every event.. is not out of God's control.
His hands are holding the world together, still, as they always have.
His intentions have not changed, nor will they ever.


yet, it is so easy, and almost automatic,
for me to worry in spite of knowing those truths.
as if worrying will change something.
all it does is take away from today and limit tomorrow. and I know this.


I also tend to count my chickens before they hatch.
and they usually don't end up hatching at all. or they're not even chickens.



how much more could we make of today.

if every minute we thought about how tomorrow isn't ours.
no, but today is. and that's exciting.


"but as it is written: 'eye has not seen, nor ear heard, 
nor have entered into the heart of man the things which 
God has prepared for those who love Him.'"

-1 corinthians 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment