Sunday, October 21, 2012

it sets you free.

truth is relative. 

no, no it's not. is it?
it comes in different forms though.. wait, no it doesn't.
truth is truth. wait, what's truth in the first place?


do you ever have conversations like that in your head?
because that's one I had in mine today.
I have this thing about not talking when I don't know if I should..
well, not right now.



isn't truth what we're all looking for, whether or not we recognize/admit it?
some kind of black and white lines.
security that something in this ever-changing life won't change.
something that tells us that there's wrong and right,  
justice and a reason for injustice.



a quote from fellow human, Jon Foreman, says a lot:

the "truth" of loving those around me, the "truth" of seeking justice for the oppressed, the "truth" of a life of service -- these are truths to be possessed by: to be a slave in the service of the kingdom of the heavens, to be the servant of all. if the truths in this life have no owner then we are set free: free from the need to defend the truth, free to be possessed by this truth and simply live it out. truth becomes much too large for me to possess; truth is the beauty and authenticity which possesses me.



what I see from that is that truth is just too big for us.
the Truth Himself is the thing/person/spirit that possesses us. 
His thoughts are higher than ours.
His Word was given to us so that we could see this truth:
He is the black and white, He is justice, He is unchanging, and He is truth.


"then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, 
'if you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.  
and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'"

-John 8:31 & 32

No comments:

Post a Comment